Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wonder Year Meme

Been memed by Laura here to decide that if you could go back to live in any one year from your lifetime, which one would you choose?

Hmm I've been mulling this one - and mulling, and mulling some more. Difficult one. My instinct is to choose 2008. It was the first year that I felt like I truly knew what I wanted to write. I've always written, right since tiny - I can even remember sitting on the living room floor pre-school, and being SO proud that I'd managed to write my whole name out for the first time. Anyway 2008, I transferred from the MA to the MFA at the Screen Academy, and began the course terrified and worried that I didn't know what I was doing. And then, I just sort of suddenly realised I did know. There were stories I needed to write on the course, that would become screenplays, so I started writing. And they happened. And it didn't hurt. 2008 was also the year that certain friendships solidified, certain fears disappeared, and things just sort of felt right. They still do - thanks 2008!

Roll on 2009 - I hope it (and yours) is even better.

1 comment:

missread said...

Ooh, we have the same best year! That means we are doing the right thing, eh?