Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Happy New Year and Snap




An excerpt from my short play, Snap (mentioned here) which I'm currently developing into a longer piece:

Dev moves around the stage as if dancing.

DEV
You are the thing that we value the least. Whatever you do. How careful you are. I will suspend all hope and tend the mainsail. I will unknot anything you tie tight, unleash what you keep the most secret, undo the wanting and keep you neat. Give me an inch and watch me flourish. I am the runt of the litter. They don’t tell you this, but I am the thing you most need if you are destined to live out a life worth anything. I am fucked and forward, and sad to be leaving but happy to go. I am what waits on the other side of what you least expect.

*SILENCE



Lots happened in the latter half of 2011 which I've yet to recap - I will do when I have a second, but in the meantime, a belated Happy New Year to you. Hope 2012 sees you and your creative endeavours flourish.

No comments: